Happy Cleanse Day to me🤣💗
5 reason why I personally do Fasting/Cleansing days the way I do them -
1. Burn fat while maintaining muscle
2. Increased Energy
3. To reset food cravings
4. To feel better
5. Get rid of the bloat
Before I started to do these 5 years ago the word fast or cleanse scared me! However, I like to try anything once and by doing an intermittent fast I was pleasantly surprised how much easier it was to do and the feeling from doing them was so great.
So I thought I would share the science behind Intermittent Fasting / Cleansing
Cleanse days have been scientifically proven to...
1. Improve Insulin sensitivity but improving the regulation of blood sugar levels
2. Melt away fat, especially that deadly visceral fat that bathes, coats and clogs internal organs. One of my favourite reasons💗
3. Activate the expression of detoxification and longevity genes that play a role in healthy ageing
4. Boosts mood and protects your brain because it increases levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) to protect and stimulate the growth of brain cells, which is correlated with elevated mood
5. Reset Calorie intake because less food is usually consumed after cleanse day which suggests a "reset" to the food intake centre of the brain
Most fad cleanses such as water or juice fasting can put your body in a catabolic state that breaks down both fat and muscle.
Following a nutritional cleanse you can burn fat AND maintain muscle.
Who else out there is cleansing with me today?